Monday, April 23, 2012

First snow day of the year!

Yes, here it is April 23 and we have had our first snow day. Usually we have plenty, but this year we had an unusually mild winter. Jack's school was closed, as was mine, so here are some pictures from our day today! (No, we didn't go out. Jack's snow pants have been packed and are moved to the new place already!)

This was while I still thought we were on a delay...Lila and I were playing with the sensory balls I bought her yesterday at TJMaxx. They are pretty neat, they are the spiky ones in the distance and right behind her. They came 4 to a box and are a hit with both kids so far!
 She looks concerned.
 Jack realized it was snowing. He said "It's Christmastime!".
 I got Jack some Cra.yola Window Crayons yesterday. He LOVES them. They are ridiculously easy to clean up. This was one of many of his artistic endeavors today. He would finish up and then say "clean please". A little club soda and an old prefold cloth diaper, the window was good as new. It came off the paint on the window sill and the kids hands quite easily as well.

I am working on scraping the scrapbook paper/ModPodge off of the dresser in Jack's room. This will go in their shared room in the new place (that I have been calling Green Acres...all we need is a pig!). It is made of metal and came out of a prison (literally...our landlord works at a prison and bought a ton of these dressers when they renovated). It will be lightly sanded, primed, and painted a sunshiny yellow. I will keep the current knobs (you can see them at the bottom). We use it as a changing table. There is a nook in the new bedroom especially sized for this dresser.
 Playing nicely with the Little People House.
 We made these pretzel bites today. When I cut it into 1/8 dough balls, Jack took one for his own. It kept him occupied for a good long time! He mixed it, kneaded it, cut it (with the bench scraper) and even made a few pretzel bites himself! He REALLY enjoyed this. I will definitely make it again, it was tasty and fun.

 Lila waiting patiently for some attention.
 I made a pizza!

Not all was sunshine and rainbows today though. Jack pooped 4 times before noon. He refuses to poop on the potty so that was fun. I was changing Jack and the phone rings. I go get it. I look at Lila who has gotten her diaper off and is now smeared in poop. That was fun too. Thankfully she didn't snack on its contents. It was our old family doctors office letting us know Lila was like, 8 months behind on appointments. Apparently they didn't notice that I transferred all of their records at the beginning of the school year. I brought Lila in for an appt. and they were 45 minutes late seeing me. I was there with both kids. This would have been fine, we really liked our doctor. What made this the straw that broke the camels back was that after the doctor saw us, it took ANOTHER 45 minutes for someone to come in and give her her shots. I was at the end of my everloving rope. I would have loved to tell them this today on the phone had Lila not painted herself. We have been super happy with our new office, they always see us very quickly.

Oh one more sunshiny rainbow: I made rice and split pea soup for lunch today. Jack gobbled it up. YAY Jack! 

2 comments:

  1. They are getting so big! give em a hug from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do, B. I can't wait to see you guys again, I so wish you lived nearby!

    ReplyDelete