Saturday, April 14, 2012

It is all about the little changes

I am trying to make a lot of little changes in my eating instead of big ones, as those I usually fail at. 

I have kind of taken a bit of inspiration from my awesome friend Emily at QueenoftheKings. She has lost a lot of weight and is someone I look to for ideas when it comes to food intake. Every week she does a food prep post. The idea is right on, if you have healthy food at your fingertips, ready to eat, you will EAT IT. Tomorrow I am going to prep a week's worth of healthy food for my lunches, my husband's lunches, and dinners for my kids. 

My usual lunch at school involves soda and pizza, bought at the corner gas station. Always overpriced, always expensive. Sometimes some chips or chocolate are thrown in there. In interest of full disclosure, I often have breakfast pizza with a side of regular Sierra Mist while I am at it. Bad, bad, bad. 

Small changes for this week are: 
I bought medium sized tortillas instead of large. I also bought them in whole wheat. I got baby spinach to throw in my wrap with lean deli turkey breast, romanine lettuce, and hummus. I got a 6 pack of green peppers (it was DRASTICALLY cheaper to buy them this way). I will cut those up tomorrow and have them with my Panera Asian Salad Dressing, along with some baby carrots. I have a few diet shakes and a box of VitaTops to pack for breakfast this week, which I will eat with an apple. I have a cut up pineapple from last week and a big bag of oranges to serve as "dessert" with my lunch. Not the healthiest, but I have a few open bags of pita chips so I will be eating those with 1oz. of Wegman's colby jack cheese. That will be my snack. Once the pita chips are gone I will probably move on to pretzels (I have lots of open bags and am trying my best not to be wasteful). I will also be making a mix of white and brown basmati rice and kidney beans to have through the week. I will have a small portion of this with my lunch wrap. I have a few "naughty" goodies to work my way through, such as twizzlers, chocolate covered potato chips, but these will be worked through slowly. I will not be purchasing any soda this week at work, water only, with the occasional flavor packet. 

There! It feels good to have it written down, that way I can at least go back and read what I was thinking :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment